You are here


The Hampshire College transcript includes the following:

  • The First Page of the Transcript includes the following:
    • Divisional titles and dates of completion
    • Hampshire and Five College course numbers and titles
    • Five College grades
    • Completed co-curricular activities
    • Terms of enrollment (includes semesters of field study and exchange programs)
    • Dates of attendance
    • Students degree or enrollment status
    • Transcript guide
    • Summary description of the academic program

Note: Hampshire courses that are not successfully completed, incomplete, or audited are notated accordingly.

  • Evaluations included:
    Divisional and course evaluations completed as of the transcript issue date
    • Division I which includes certification of the Campus Engaged Learning (CEL-1) requirement
    • Division II
      • Includes certification of the Community Engagement and Learning (CEL-2) requirement  and the Multiple Cultural Perspectives requirement
    • Division III
      • Includes evaluations and/or grades for the two required Advanced Educational Activities
  • Course evaluations
  • Field study and exchange program evaluations and international transcripts.

Note: If a student studied at another U.S. institution before or during enrollment at Hampshire, the transcript should be ordered directly from the institution attended.

  • Optional Materials may be included upon student request prior to graduation
    • Evaluated learning activities
    • Five College course evaluations (optional for Five College faculty)

Requesting a Transcript
Transcript request forms and additional information are available on the central records web site, and in the central records office. No transcripts will be issued without a student’s written permission and signature. It can take up to five business days to prepare a transcript.

Students are billed a one-time transcript fee, which entitles them to request transcripts both while enrolled and in the future at no additional charge. Students are responsible for expedited shipping costs.

Maintenance of Student Files
Students should prepare their transcripts before leaving the College. Final documents are kept on permanent file in central records by scanning onto CD-ROM after students leave the College. Students who have not requested final transcripts prior to scanning may not have the option of selecting representative additional evaluations.

Transcripts/Outstanding Obligations

  • Students who have outstanding financial obligations to the College may not receive official transcripts, nor will transcripts be issued to a third party. 
  • Transcripts will not be issued for any student who has defaulted on any federal student loan until the College has been notified by an agency that the student is no longer in default. 
  • If a student has not fulfilled any student conduct sanctions imposed through the Formal Conduct Process, the degree will be withheld and official transcripts will not be released.

Students who have not fulfilled obligations as described above may be issued one unofficial transcript that will be stamped with “issued to student” and “outstanding obligation.” Transcripts will not be issued to a third party.