You are here

Service and Emotional Support Animals

Hampshire College is committed to creating a welcoming environment through the use of commonly accepted guidelines and procedures that allow animals to be on-campus for specific purposes. These purposes include reasonable accommodations for employees, students, and visitors with disabilities in compliance with applicable Massachusetts state and federal laws. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended and related laws, rules and regulations, including the Fair Housing Act, Hampshire College will reasonably accommodate requests for service animals and other assistance animals to reside with their owner/handler in College provided housing. 

To learn more about what constitutes a pet, emotional support animal, or service animal, and how to gain an exemption to our Pet Policy, please see our animal definitions and policies on the Norms for Community Living and Policies section.

Students in need of accommodation related to a service or emotional support animal and would like to register with the Office of Accessibility Resources and Services (OARS) should review: