Listed below are the rules and regulations covering enrollment in off-campus courses at the other institutions in the Five College Consortium. Registration instructions are located on the Central Records webpage.
- Students may preregister for a maximum of two Five College courses. During the add/drop period, students may request additional Five College courses. Students may take no more than two courses at Amherst College in any one semester. Enrollment in a course is not guaranteed until the class actually begins.
- Students follow the Hampshire College academic calendar dates and deadlines for registering, dropping, and withdrawing from Five College Courses.
- If a student fails to enroll properly in a Five College course by the appropriate deadline, the other institutions will not permit enrollment uness the student has been granted an exception through the Late Add Justiﬁcation process. This process is initiated in Central Records.
- For year-long courses, students must repeat the registration process for the spring term.
- Students taking Five College courses are subject to the grading system, calendar, and academic honor system of the institution where they are taking the course, and must take all exams at the times scheduled. Five College grading policies and practices including policies on granting incompletes and taking courses pass/fail vary from institution to institution.
- Students with questions about a grade received should contact the professor of the course.
- Some instructors in the other four institutions will provide a written evaluation in addition to (not in place of) the required grade, on request. Students may include these in their Hampshire transcript.
- Off-campus courses do not incur extra tuition charges unless there are special lab fees, private music lesson and practice fees, or special materials. Registration for Five College courses in any registration period is completed on TheHub through the Five College course request system.
- Division III students who enroll in off-campus courses to fulﬁll advanced educational activities that extend beyond Hampshire graduation deadlines should be aware that formal awarding of the degree will be delayed if conﬁrmation of course completion is not received prior to commencement.