You are here

Student Employment

Only students who have a work-study offer as part of their financial aid package are eligible to hold a work-study position. Eligible students can view the master job list and other job listings. There are a variety of employment opportunities and experiences to enable students to meet their earnings potential as well as their academic schedule and interests.

Students are paid directly on a biweekly schedule according to the time submitted on the HUB. The wage rate for most positions is $13.50 per hour for the Fall 2021 term and $14.25 for the Spring 2022 term. A work-study offer gives the student an opportunity to apply for work-study jobs on and off campus, but it is not a guarantee of employment.  Students must apply for and secure their own jobs.  Students may need to utilize some of their work-study earnings to satisfy their tuition bills, and have the option to pay directly or to sign up for payroll deduction. The student accounts office allows students to deduct up to $500 per semester from work-study earnings.

Students are required to complete some paperwork before they begin their employment. All first-time employees at the College must complete an I-9 Form (requires identification and citizenship or visa status) to certify their eligibility for employment. W-4, M-4, and work authorization forms are also required and are available in the student employment office.

Students must submit their hours worked, by the payroll processing due date, electronically on TheHUB; click on the "Enter My Timecard" link.  Students will not receive pay for hours not reported.

Students may not earn more than the work-study offer listed on their financial aid offer letter.  Students will be notified periodically of their award balance.  If a student earns the maximum award the student will need to stop working even if the semester or year is not over.

For additional rights and responsibilities as a work-study employee please refer to your Work Authorization form(s) or contact the student employment coordinator or the financial aid office.