The following actions will likely be taken for students found responsible for violations of the Campus Smoking Policy:
- First Offense - Meeting with an administrator in Student Life
- Second Offense - Deferred probation, discussion circle including review of fire safety videos and/or other health-based educational materials
- Third Offense - Probation and one or more of the following at the discretion of the conduct administrator or board: community service, educational project, deferred housing restrictions status
- Fourth Offense - Removal from campus housing. (For students living off campus, Probation may be extended with additional sanctions applied.)
For residential communities (floors, mods, etc.) where smoking is occurring and individuals are not identified, community discussion circles may be required as well as other outcomes at the discretion of the area coordinator.
Conduct meeting administrators have the right to deviate from these sanctioning guidelines if after meeting with a student a different path would be more beneficial to the student’s or the community’s growth and success.
The following actions will be taken for employees found responsible for violations of the smoking policy:
- First Offense - Verbal reminder
- Second Offense - Verbal warning from supervisor; referral to educational materials
- Third Offense - Written warning from supervisor; referral to educational coaching/counseling
- Fourth Offense - Referral by supervisor to Human Resources
Contractors and/or vendors
All contractors and/or vendors are obligated to follow the campus smoking policy. All contractors and/or vendors should defer to policies and procedures from their employer for holding employees accountable for workplace policy violations.