You are here
Items Prohibited in the Residences
- The building or installation of “lofts,” furniture, or other structures of any kind or size, including, but not limited to, cinder-block or wooden platforms, is prohibited.
- Waterbeds are prohibited.
- Cooking devices are prohibited with the exception of hotpots with auto shut off and small microwave ovens. For a comprehensive description of additional fire safety regulations and other prohibited items, please see the fire safety policy.
- Additions to, modifications of, and unauthorized connections to existing wiring systems (electrical, telephone, data, television, radio, cable/dish) or other utilities are prohibited.
- The installation of air conditioners, heaters, or other objects in windows is prohibited.
- Pets, with the exception of approved service and emotional support animals, are prohibited in the residences. You can view the full policy on pets, service, and support animals on campus.
- Weapons, whether real or replica, are prohibited, please see the full weapons, firearms, & explosives policy for details.
- Wheeled Transportation. Motorized vehicles are not permitted inside residences. If a resident brings a bicycle or scooter into a residence, it may be parked or stored only in the owner’s room, provided that it does not block egress from the room. Such non-motorized vehicles will not be permitted in common areas and those found in unauthorized areas will be removed. The owner is responsible for any damages caused by storing a non-motorized vehicle in the residence. Riding bicycles, scooters, and skateboards, and using rollerblades inside a living unit, are prohibited.