Policies currently viewable may apply to the 2018-2019 academic year as we work to complete updates. 2017-2018 policies are in effect through August 18, 2018. View accurate 2017-2018 policies (pdf)
You are here
Items Prohibited in the Residences
- The building or installation of “lofts,” furniture, or other structures of any kind or size, including, but not limited to, cinder-block or wooden platforms, is prohibited.
- Waterbeds are prohibited.
- Cooking devices are prohibited with the exception of hotpots and small microwave ovens. For a comprehensive description of additional fire safety regulations and other prohibited items, please see the Fire Safety Policy.
- Additions to, modifications of, and unauthorized connections to existing wiring systems (electrical, telephone, data, television, radio, cable/dish) or other utilities are prohibited.
- The installation of air conditioners or other objects in windows is prohibited.
- Pets, with the exception of approved service and emotional support animals, are prohibited in the residences. You can view the full policy on Pets, Service, and Support Animals on Campus.
- Weapons, whether real or replica, are prohibited, please see the full Weapons, Firearms, & Explosives policy for details.